The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer, dental care, and bone strength. These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, soothing, etc.
- Substituting coconut oil for vegetable oil in all your cooking is one of the best things you can do to help your thyroid gland, control your weight and brighten your mood.
- Coconut oil increases the body's metabolism, as it takes more energy to metabolize the medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) than the MCFAs provide. Eating meals containing MCFAs can increase your metabolic rate. When MCFAs are consumed, they are immediately converted into energy by the liver, not circulated in the bloodstream as lipoproteins, which then may be deposited as fat.
- A diet composed of saturated and monosaturated fats (butter, lard, coconut oil and olive oil) helps protect against heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis and many other degenerative diseases.
- Heavy metals and other toxins in the body are eliminated by binding to dietary fats such as coconut oil, butter, and olive oil.
- Coconut oil contains the right kinds of fats that insulate the nerves, helping them to function normally.
So go ahead and enjoy it daily. It will help you:
1. Strengthen your immune system
2. Improve your digestion
3. Prevent premature aging of your skin
4. Promote healthy weight loss permanently
5. Protect against many degenerative diseases
6. Detoxify and heal your body through oral cleansing
7. Improve your health
8. Beautify your hair and skin
9. Experience Nature's ultimate germ fighter
10. Recognize coconut oil as both a food and a medicine
Feel free to share your own tips. In my next post i will talk about the overuse of antibiotics and what it does to our health.